Realising Dreams - Yas Marina Day 2

It was another exciting day at Lotus Racing's Paddock. I was at the garage by noon to join the pit stop practice - where you get see how all the four tyres on the car are being changed to new ones in front of you. And all that happens in close to four seconds flat. Lotus Racing gave me a chance to be part of the practice. With my gloves on, I was all set with a pneaumatic gun to changed the front right tyre. It was really an experience.


Watched the first practice from the garage and the qualifying from the paddock. Mod from AirAsia was with me listening to the strategies and game plan discussions on radio. It was great to know how the drivers and race engineers put up a plan and execute them carefully. Great qualifying from both Heikki and Jarno and they were best among the new teams.


Dropped by the garage in the evening and everything was wrapped up by then. None of the teams can make any significant alterations to the set-up of the cars between qualifying and the race. Here's Heikkis car at Parc Ferme. It's ready for tomorrow's race.


It's going to be a big day for Lotus Racing and Virgin. I believe many of you are aware of the bet in place between these two teams. The representative of the team that finishes second to the other has to serve as a stewardess on the other's airline. Well, Tony and Richard Brandson weren't kidding. They have gotten the measurements ready for uniforms.


Had a quick dinner and managed for a short walk with Cyrill along the track before leaving the place. It's all set for tomorrow and I'll be watching it live from the grandstand. I'll keep you posted with more photos.



0 comments to "Realising Dreams - Yas Marina Day 2"

Post a Comment

Flickr Gallery


Puvanan Nadaraja


I'm an Engineer by profession.I love traveling and I exercise photography as a creative art. The magic of photography has not only intrigued me, but the translation from what meets the eyes to a click of the shutter to a digital reality has always amazed me. It makes me to see the world rather than just look at it. In my life, I'm the camera, my eyes are the shutters. What I absorb through them is what I paint and it's me that is mixing the colours. And, this very blog is simply my canvas.