Realising Dreams - Yas Marina Day 1

Here's Zue from AirAsia. She is with me at Abu Dhabi to join the excitement of Formula1 race. Met many more interesting people at the paddock and had quick chats with them.. including Watson (Team Manager), Riada (CEO), Tom (Press Officer), Mike (Chief Technical Officer), Mia (Head of Operationas) and of course, Tony (Team Principle).



Spend most of my Friday at The Lotus Racing's Paddock at Yas Marina. It's an excellent place to chill out and enjoy the race. It has a lounge and an engineering workstation on the ground floor, offices and meeting rooms at the second floor and a rooftop that promises an amazing view.



The engineers and the mechanics at the garage putting up a great teamwork to get Jarno's race car ready before the practice. There are more than 50 of them in the team. I spent complete time at the garage during the practice sessions and Anand, The Brand Manager of Lotus was with me expalining how everything being done in there.




From the pit lane looking towards the tower. Was hooked up to the radio listening to Heikki and Jarno as they were out on the rack for practice sessions. It's really interesting to see the operations happening along this pit lane and most importantly how fast they get done.



A spectacular view of the iconic Yas Hotel, the luxurious Yas Marina & Yacht Club from the rooftop of Lotus Racing's Paddock. The Yas Hotel is of two buildings, with a connecting skybridge that goes above the race track. Now, that's practicality with style.




0 comments to "Realising Dreams - Yas Marina Day 1"

Post a Comment

Flickr Gallery


Puvanan Nadaraja


I'm an Engineer by profession.I love traveling and I exercise photography as a creative art. The magic of photography has not only intrigued me, but the translation from what meets the eyes to a click of the shutter to a digital reality has always amazed me. It makes me to see the world rather than just look at it. In my life, I'm the camera, my eyes are the shutters. What I absorb through them is what I paint and it's me that is mixing the colours. And, this very blog is simply my canvas.