Beautiful Bali - Pura Tirtha Empul

Pura Tirtha Empul is regarded as one of six most important temples in Bali. The name "Tirta Empul" signifies a crystal clear stream which is used as the holy water for various religious ceremony. Legend has it that the sacred spring was created by the god Indra. Ever since - for more than a thousand years - the Balinese have come to bathe in the sacred waters for healing and spiritual merit. But the main attraction here is a long rectangular pool carved of stone, filled with koi and fed by the sacred spring via 12 fountains.

















2 comments to "Beautiful Bali - Pura Tirtha Empul"

Post a Comment

Flickr Gallery


Puvanan Nadaraja


I'm an Engineer by profession.I love traveling and I exercise photography as a creative art. The magic of photography has not only intrigued me, but the translation from what meets the eyes to a click of the shutter to a digital reality has always amazed me. It makes me to see the world rather than just look at it. In my life, I'm the camera, my eyes are the shutters. What I absorb through them is what I paint and it's me that is mixing the colours. And, this very blog is simply my canvas.